Indian Head Massage (Shiroabhyanga)
Indian Head Massage is a face, hair, neck and shoulder massage that is very commonly practiced in India. It helps relax and strengthen facial muscles, relieve eyestrain and headaches, improve concentration, boost the immune system, drain excess tissue fluid, nourish hair and realign the higher chakras.
It can be with or without upper body clothes. A choice of traditional base oils is available, including sesame, olive, mustard, and ayurvedic oils. The oil is warmed for you in a traditional brass teapot. Classically, it forms a wonderful treatment as the first part of a full body Ayurvedic Massage with Shirodhara. Steve is qualified at Level 3 VTCT in Indian Head Massage after extensive experience providing treatments in Kerala, India, and southern Sri Lanka.
Extended treatment times give a greater range and depth of techniques.
Indian Head massage can help you with:
- Relaxation of the mind
- Invigoration of the mind
- Mobilisation of tissues in the scalp, neck, shoulders, upper back and face
- Muscular tension in the scalp, neck, shoulders, upper back and face
- Restoration of joint movement in the scalp, neck, shoulders, upper back and face
- Improvement in blood concentration in the scalp, neck, shoulders, upper back and face
- Nourishing hair
- Boosting the immune system
- Chakra balancing realignment
- Muscle tone in the scalp, neck, shoulders, upper back and face
- Relieving eyestrain