Organic Castor Oil & Wraps
Organic Castor Oil Wraps are one of nature's simple detox, skin and hair conditioning treatments that can be carried out by Steve at the suite as a treatment in its own right, or as part of a Remedial & Sports Massage, and Detox Programme, or purchased for home use.
Organic cotton patches are soaked in organic castor oil, wrapped in clingfilm over the area, and heated (eg by a compress on top of the clinfilmed wrap) and left for an hour.
The wraps can be reused if kept in the fridge to maintain cleanliness, and re-soaked in castor oil prior to the next application on the same inidividual.
Larger sized cotton patches are ideal for the scalp, hair, liver, lung or stomach, and smaller sized patches can be used on the face, neck, shoulders, elbows, knees, hands and feet. Hard, irritated, injured and inflammed skin on joints such as knees and elbows can be soothed and quicker healed with the application of castor oil.
Castor Oil is commonly used:
- As a powerful laxative for constipation, straining or incomplete bowel movements.
- As a skin moisturiser. Castor oil is rich in ricinoleic acid, a monounsaturated fatty acid. These types of fats act as humectants and are often used in cosmetics and moisturisers.
- As a wound and ulcer healer. Castor oil helps heal wounds by stimulating the growth of new tissue, reducing dryness and preventing the buildup of dead skin cells.
- For acne control, a skin condition that can cause blackheads, pus-filled pimples and large, painful bumps on the face and body. Castor oil's anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory nature help fight bacterial overgrowth and soothe inflamed and irritated skin.
- With anti-fungal properties, castor oil is often used for dental fungal diseases like plaque overgrowth, gum infections and root canal infections, caused by Candida albicans.
- For inflammatory control, such as rheumatoid arthritis or psoriasis. Castor oil is high in ricinoleic acid, a monounsaturated fatty acid that has been shown to help reduce pain and inflammation.
- As a natural hair conditioner for dandruff, dry or damaged hair to keep hair soft and hydrated and the scalp moisturised, due to the moisturizing and anti-inflammatory properties of castor oil.