Remedial Massage is commonly used for preventing or healing, overused or injured muscular and joint conditions. It benefits those with specific pain, flexibility, or postural problems - for example lumbago, sciatica, carpal tunnel syndrome, over-arched backs, whiplash, and frozen shoulder. It is often recommended as a complimentary treatment for clients receiving physiotherapy, chiropractic and osteopathy bodywork.
Remedial massage is often deeper to reach fibrous adhesions or scar tissue. Often a treatment is localised to just one particular muscle group. Postural analysis, muscle strengthening and stretching, TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation), EMS (Electro Muscular Stimulation) and joint mobilisation exercises may be used during treatment. Client feedback on pain levels during treatment is essential. Aftercare advice on stretching, strengthening, or postural changes at home should also be followed to help prevent re-occurence of the muscular imbalance. Follow up treatments may be required.
The appropriate treatment time will depend on the range of techniques used, and the areas of the body to be treated. Please call Steve on 02380639913 to discuss a best way forward.
Remedial Massage Therapy may help you with:
- Overused muscles
- Scar tissue
- Muscle group analysis and imbalance
- Postural problems and analysis e.g. over-arched backs
- Muscle strengthening
- Injured muscles
- Joint conditions and injuries
- Muscular pain
- Flexibility problems and exercises
- Joint mobilisation and joint exercises
- Hip, Shoulder, Lower Back, Calf and Hamstring problems
- Stretching advice
- Lumbago, Sciatica, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Whiplash, Frozen shoulder and many more diagnosed conditions.