Professional Counselling by Stephen Reeve (Steve) offers you a flexible talking therapy with one of Hampshire's most established male holistic therapists. He works with both individuals and couples, both in the short and long term and allows short, more frequent sessions or longer, less frequent sessions.
The aim is to help you to a more satisfying and fulfilling life, but not through giving advice or attempting to solve your problems. Counselling offers you a sounding board, a different pair of eyes and ears, with trust, safety, integrity and unconditional positive regard, and without judgement, bias, discrimination and prejudice. It helps you to become more self aware, to see your frame of reference, and understand your situation from a different perspective so that you can identify feelings, experience or behaviour that may be key to achieving change.
Whatsapp, Skype, Zoom, Facetime, FaceChat and other platforms allow online, live video sessions of Professional Counselling Consultations with Steve, if you prefer not to come into the suite.
This therapy is best used for:
- Bereavement, Grief and Loss
- Health - Terminal, Chronic and Acute Diseases such as Covid, Cancer, AIDS, ME and Disabilities
- General Mental and Emotional Health
- Social Skills, Communication and Listening
- Work and Personal Relationships, Marriage, Divorce, Redundancy and Retirement
- Anxiety and Panic Attacks
- Financial, Examination and Performance Stress
- Addictions, Obsessions, Dependencies and Compulsions (such as smoking, eating, alcohol, drugs, sex and pornography)
- Self Harm and Eating Disorders
- Fears and Phobias (such as heights, flying, needles, spiders, enclosed spaces, social groups)
- Anger Management
- Confidence, Emptiness, Depression, Low Self-Esteem and Loss of Gratitude
- Guilt and Shame
- Motivation and Willpower
- Unknown, Past or Present Mental, Physical or Sexual Traumas and Abuse
- Identity, Culture, Gender, Sexuality and Spirituality
- Behavioural Relatability or Intolerance (such as prejudices, stereotypes, and issues of gender, race, hierarchy, culture, language, sexual and religious orientation)
Your past experiences can have a powerful, unconscious effect on the way you feel and deal with things in your present circumstances. Some problems may require you to be open to explore deeper roots and causes of your conditions. This may not be a short process and may require commitment over a period of time.
You have the chance to explore your difficulties with a trained and proven established therapist, in confidence, to high ethical standards, and at your own pace and time. Stephen works with your psychology for your benefit. This one-to-one therapy offers a non-judgmental, confidential, congruent and safe space for you to reflect on any emotional difficulties.
Stephen's counselling sessions aim to offer empathy based on five main approaches:
- Psychodynamics, Conscious and Unconscious Interactions (Freud, Dreams, Sexual, Parents)
- Humanistic, Self-Actualisation and Realisation (Maslow, Carl Rogers, Values, Unconditional Positive Regard, Person-centred, Accurate Understanding and Congruent Therapeutic Relationship)
- Behavioural and Externally Influenced Psychology (Skinner, Learned Behaviours, Pavlov - Conditioning)
- Cognitive Psychology (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Neuro Linguistic Programming, Thoughts -> Feelings -> Actions)
- Integrative Counselling Psychology (What Works!)
Carl Jung, the father of analytical psychology, wrote "We are all in some way or other kept asunder by our secrets", meaning that by keeping secrets, especially painful ones, we separate ourselves from others and create problems for ourselves. There is an old saying that exists in many languages, "a problem shared is a problem halved". Human beings find a good deal of comfort in sharing their problems.